Tooth decay is a prevalent dental problem, but there are many ways to fight it. Keep reading to learn more about how you can prevent tooth decay and how we treat cavities if they do develop in your smile.
Preventing Tooth Decay
Tooth decay is very easy to prevent if you take the time to properly care for your smile every day. Some steps you can take include the following:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristle toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste
- Floss between your teeth once a day
- Maintain a healthy diet, avoiding sugary and acidic foods
- Visit our dentist twice a year for a dental exam and cleaning
- Drink fluoridated water
- Rinse your mouth with a fluoride mouthwash
- Ask our dental team about receiving fluoride treatment or dental sealants
Treating Tooth Decay
If tooth decay has developed in your smile, then we will offer treatment solutions such as:
- Fluoride treatment and good oral hygiene if the decay is small enough to reverse
- A dental filling if the decay has made a hole in the tooth enamel
- A dental crown if the decay is so severe that it has damaged a lot of tooth structure
Call Dr. Rita Frazier today to learn more about how to prevent tooth decay and how we can treat it.